Where are we at?
How to accelerate innovation nationally
- Day One Project
- The “Secret” of Silicon Valley (2008)
- State of Federal R&D for Scientific Research
- Reflections on ARPA and PARC by Alan Kay
- White House OSTP: Lessons on Policy Entrepreneurship
- On Leveraging Patent & IT systems
- Leading with Hyper Disruptors
- Commercializing University Lab Research
- An Investor’s Guide to SBIR Grants
How to engage the world.
- On Digital Diplomacy: Office of Analytics
- 9 Ways U.S. State Dept. Engages with Startups
- Strategies of Connection by Anne Marie Slaughter
- Booz Allen’s Defense Innovation Strategy
- Create an Alliance Innovation Base, CNAS
- State of Silicon Valley and Remaking of America by Margaret O’Mara
How to harness private capital.
- Philanthropy is more risk-tolerant than impact investing. Here are my learnings on philanthropy from a conference with donor networks hosted by Jeff Raikes, founder of Giving Compass and former CEO of the Gates Foundation.
- How your daily donation might matter more by William MacAskill
- I like the idea of impact investing. I believe it is personal and value-driven across risk appetites and preferences across various asset classes.
- Asset management is shifting toward high tech, risk-integrated models. Arabesque is the best ESG quant tool I have seen out there.
- Global Steering Group is a G15 of countries for impact investing. Global Impact Investing Network sets forth global standards for measurement.
- My takeaways from Asia